We have advanced training and in fertility, pregnancy, and pediatrics, and we also treat a wide variety of conditions for men, women, and children of all ages including:
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Prenatal/ postpartum care
Mental and Emotional Health
Body image & self-esteem issues
PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
Colitis / Crohn’s
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
Treatment for side effects of cancer treatment
Treatment for pain associated with cancer
Male factor fertility including sperm count/motility/morphology
Metabolic & cardiovascular support
Other Commonly Treated Conditions
Common cold & flu
Immune system support
As busy parent ourselves, we know you probably don’t have a ton of extra reading time, so here’s the nutshell version of who we am and what we do:
Us summarized: …(For more flowery bios you can read more here.)
- We are holistic pediatrics practitioners, licensed in Chinese medicine with the California Acupuncture Board and the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.)
- WE are acupuncturists, but that doesn’t mean we plan to stick your kid with needles. (Let’s face it, most of them don’t love the idea… see below for what we do do with kids.)
- We work with adults as well as kids, but grown-ups get acupuncture.
Who are our holistic pediatrics patients?
Our holistic pediatrics practice ranges from well visits for babies to stress management sessions for busy teens. We see everything from the common cold and nagging coughs to management of chronic conditions such as eczema and autism spectrum disorders. The families that are drawn to our practice generally are looking for something different than your standard in-and-out doctor’s office visits. We take the time to get to know you, your child, and your family. Our treatment plans are based on what will work best for your child, address the root of the issue as well as the symptoms, and resonate with you, the parent.
What we do for kids:
- Holistic pediatrics means we will apply the knowledge and wisdom from Chinese, holistic, and conventional medicines balanced with the preferences of your family to come up with the best treatment for your child.
- The tools we use the most are nutritional counseling, Chinese herbs, homeopathy, supplements, flower essences, shonishin (Japanese needle-less technique akin to acupuncture), Tui-na (Chinese therapeutic massage), and my stethoscope and otoscope.
- We will spend lots of time talking to you and answering all of your questions. Follow-up visits are a typically a half hour.
Just a few of the kids’ ailments we treat:
- Colds and flu, cough, sniffles and sore throats
- Belly aches from colic, constipation, diarrhea
- Food sensitivity and nutritional concerns
- Eczema, acne, and other skin conditions
- Attention, social, and cognitive disorders
- Insomnia and related sleep issues, bedwetting
- Ear aches/infections
- Teething pain
- Asthma and allergies
- Weakened immune system
- Headaches and migraines
What we are not:
- We are not physicians.
- We do not administer vaccines, antibiotics or prescription medications.
- We do not have hospital privileges or address acute emergency issues (such as a broken arm). For these, I suggest that you have a relationship with a pediatrician and know where your nearest urgent care facility is located.
Click here to book with our easy online scheduler, and get your child on the road to vibrant health.
Can’t Get to West LA? Learn about our distance consultations here.